Unapologetically raw, honest and very black, Kendrick Lamar’s fourth studio album, DAMN., has taken society by storm. The Compton native rises to the occasion in one of the most hostile socio-political climates of our time, to make a declarative statement that not only articulates what many are thinking (and feeling), with this album Kendrick also comes into his own as an artist. Run P.’s samples project examines DAMN., its underlying themes, and Kendrick Lamar’s creative process surrounding this seminal album.
2. Fugue – Foals (XXX)
3. Don’t Let Me Down – Fleurie (FEEL.)
4. Damn Butterfly
5. DUCKWORTH – Kendrick Lamar
6. Be Ever Wonderful – Ted Taylor (DUCKWORTH.)
7. Top Flipped
8. Ostavi Trag – September (DUCKWORTH.)
9. Poverty’s Paradise – The 24 Carat Black (FEAR.)
10. Gift of the Dream
11. Our Here
12. FEAR. – Kendrick Lamar
13. Knock Knock Knock – Rat Boy (LUST.)
14. What Era You Claim?
15. Get Your Mind Right Mami – Jay Z (LOYALTY.)
16. Paul Revere – Beastie Boys (LUST.)
17. Ha – Juvenile (ELEMENT.)
19. Mary Jane (Live) – Rick James (DNA.)
20. If I Said it
21. Atari – Hiatus Kaiyote (DUCKWORTH.)
22. 24K Magic – Bruno Mars (LOYALTY.)
23. Loyalty (Feat. Rihanna) – Kendrick Lamar
24. What For?
25. Not For Me
For the last 4 years, DJ Run P has offered fans an in-depth experience of their favorite albums and artists via his Samples Mix Series project. Think rare samples uncovered coupled with exclusive artist interviews about topics relevant to the album and their creative process.
The artwork for this project was done by the brilliant Graphic Designer and Illustrator, Geoff J. Kim
. Kim has designed artwork for KING, Mad Decent and ComplexCon to name a few.