As these dreary winter months drag on, you’re likely craving warm comfort food. Opting for takeout or even a bowl of cereal can seem a lot more appealing than finding ways to be creative in the kitchen at dinner time. This recipe, however, will add more fun and flavor to your plate – and you won’t feel so bad having “breakfast for dinner”!
Pumpkin Espresso Mini Pancakes
You will need:
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used Dunkin Donut pumpkin coffee grounds)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Grade A maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a blender combine the banana, pumpkin puree, almond butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and eggs and puree until smooth.
3. Next, add the coconut flour, coffee, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree until combined.
4. Pour your mixture into 6 to 8 lined muffin tins and place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
5. Once the “muffins” are done cooking, let them cool and then slice to create “mini pancakes”.
6. Layer your plate with the mini pancakes and a generous drizzle of syrup, along with your favorite fruit. Enjoy!