Food & Drink
RECIPE: Make Your Own “Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits”
by Brielle Nalence
As a kid, my all-time favorite restaurant was Red Lobster. I couldn’t get enough of the endless cheddar biscuits hot and fresh on the table as soon as you arrived. If I ran the world, I would have eaten those biscuits for every meal! Now that I’m older and a little wiser, I spend less time at Red Lobster and more time in my kitchen. Below I’ve perfected a recipe for a biscuit similar in deliciousness as Red Lobster’s. Bonus, this recipe is gluten free, grain free, and goes well with my previous Chili recipe. Enjoy!
“Red Lobster” Cheddar Biscuits
You will need:
1 cup coconut flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded or in small cubes
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1 can Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease a muffin pan with a light coating of coconut oil.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the cheese until they it is covered in the flour mixture.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Then, fold in this wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture.
5. Stir until combined, and then pour the mixture into each of the muffin cups.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits start to brown.
7. Cool and then serve!