After the holidays, when the winter doldrums set in, I find myself craving chocolate more than ever. Well, I’ve got here a recipe that will satisfy those cravings and will help you forget the bitter cold outside. Plus, this recipe is grain-free and is even safe for your gluten-free friends!
Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
You will need:
1 cup hazelnut flour (or raw hazelnuts if you want to get all fancy and use your Vitamix to grind the nuts!)
1/3 cup almond flour (same thing, if you have a grinder, use real nuts!)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3 T raw melted honey
1/4 cup melted chocolate baking chips (I prefer to use the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate chips that are so free and gluten free)
For the topping:
An additional 1/4 cup (or more) or melted chocolate
Raw shredded coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F
2. Add ALL ingredients to a blender (or Vitamix, or other food processor – if you’re grinding real nuts and not using flour, make sure to grind the nuts first and then add in the wet mixture).
3. Blend ingredients until a soft, wet dough forms
4. Form small balls and press down into a cookie shape
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are browned
6. After cookies have cooled for a few minutes, top with melted chocolate
7. Sprinkle on the raw shredded coconut
8. Keep cookies in the refrigerator to keep the chocolate from melting, and enjoy!