This is my go-to recipe for every wine tasting I attend with my friends. And I finally tried it out on my family this year at Thanksgiving. Conclusion: this crowd-pleasing simple and easy appetizer pairs deliciously with wine and really, with anyone. Plus, for the grain-free eaters out there, this recipe is gluten-free!
Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
You will need:
1 container of cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F
2. Wash your tomatoes and then slice the top off. Then use a spoon to hollow-out the tomato. Put the insides in a bowl. Set the tomatoes aside.
3. In the bowl with the tomato insides, add the goat cheese, almond flour, thyme, salt and pepper and a little bit of olive oil. This will be your “stuffing”. There is no right amount, so go with your gut and what you prefer (I personally love goat cheese and add a lot!)
4. Now you can stuff your tomatoes and then place stuffed tomatoes on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish.
5. After all tomatoes are stuffed, drizzle a little bit of olive oil over them and a pinch more salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (or right before the tops of the tomatoes start to “prune”)
7. Let cool and then enjoy!