Our friends over at Lunchbox Theory are inviting you to join them on an amazing journey to experience music, film and art in Ghana, West Africa!
For those not in the DC ‘know’, Lunchbox has been rocking the city for many minutes with their awesome monthly parties Afrobeat 4 Ya Soul and their AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA free mixtapes (both) with DJ Underdog. This trip is 100% Couch Sessions approved so save the date, because this will be a journey you don’t want to miss.Get all the deets below.
Lunchbox Theory is cordially inviting you to join MoCADA & MVMT and ourselves, Thursday, October 13th, to Sunday, October 23rd, for a cultural journey to Ghana, West Africa. Featuring special musical performances, intimate film screenings, artistic exhibitions, and exciting cultural events, The Journey Home, will be a unique opportunity to experience the art, culture, and beauty of West Africa. Highlights:
• Tour art galleries in Accra and meet local artists
• Party on the beach at Takoradi
• Walk through the forest treetops on the Canopy Walkway in Kakum National Park
• Watch films of the African Diaspora in its cultural birth place
• Experience a special memorial ceremony at the Cape Coast slave dungeon
• Jam at a festive concert at The National Theater featuring Blitz the Ambassador, and special guests (to be announced) and more…
Lunchbox Theory, MoCADA, MVMT, and our partners, are more than just organizations, we are a close-knit community of individuals. As part of our community, we sincerely hope that you will join us on this once in a lifetime experience of fun, relaxation, and reflection. The cost of the trip is $2900 (to be paid in installments), and includes airfare, hotels, entertainment, and some meals. A limited number of seats are available for the trip. Please click HERE to RSVP and for further information and updates about the trip.
Christine and Allison via Lunchboxtheory.com