Are you a “morning person”? That elusive, desirable trait of successful people?
I wouldn't know…the most frequent question I'm asked before 10am is, “Are you alright….?”
It's not that I hate mornings in themselves. I hate the noise and bustle that disrupt the peace & tranquility of sleep. Loud news show hosts. Popular radio. Traffic. “Honey Do” lists and “Honey why didn't you do” lists that begin to form as soon as my beautiful wife gains consciousness. The chorus of random, loud cell-phone banter.
But there's a lot to love about mornings. The fact that we've been given another day of life.
Stretching, reading scriptures and drinking green tea in peace before the city awakens.
Music has always facilitated the peaceful transition from the private world of my thoughts to forced world of chaos all around.
This play-list is inspired by that sentiment. No too sleepy…not to ambient…stimulating, but in a calm, gentle way. Forgive me if that sounds like a laxative…guess it kind of is…albeit a mental one.
Acoustic Jazz, hip-hop and soul is the blend with electronica sprinkles.
Headphone & morning commute friendly.
1. The Cinematic Orchestra – Prelude (live)
2. Mentz – Introduction II
3. Robert Glasper feat. Bilal – All Matter
4. The Roots feat. The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Dilchestra – Antiquity
5. Tycho – Dictaphone's Lament
6. Seal – State of Grace (acoustic)
7. Bebel Gilberto – August Day Song (king britt remix)
8. Stevie Wonder – Lookin' for Another Pure Love
9. Common – Ghetto Heaven part 2 (instrumental)
10. Tonda Trio – Tide
11. Shafiq Husayn – Love Still Hurts
12. Dilla – Flyyyyy
13. Saine – Live a Little
14. The Cinematic Orchestra – Breathe (live)